It's years since I read a book cover to cover in a day..... but on Saturday I picked up "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
It was lovely ...bliss ..and I was so sad to learn that the author didn't live to see the book published but at least she knew it was going to be.
There is a lovely review of the book here I'm just kicking myself that it took me so long to find this book.
It was lovely ...bliss ..and I was so sad to learn that the author didn't live to see the book published but at least she knew it was going to be.
There is a lovely review of the book here I'm just kicking myself that it took me so long to find this book.

Good book, this one. At one stage I had two copies!
ReplyDeleteI can see why Cath! I find It's good to have a loaner copy of a favourite book..that way when I can't help myself and loan it out ..it's not so painful if it's slow coming home :o)
DeleteSounds intriguing. Must add it to my list. I read a book cover to cover on Saturday. Long time since I've done that too!
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting and has a very pleasant balance and flow to it..a really enjoyable read . I'd be interested to know what you think of it!
ReplyDeleteAnother one to add to the list. Not sure I could manage to read a book in a day now. I'm currently reading a very long book and the bookmark hardly moves!
ReplyDeleteI'm useless at reading fast now ...but this book just charged along :O)
Delete