Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat ? Make your own costume..

A Mother with only one working arm means you get to make your own costume!
so they did :0)

"And what would you like to be ?"

"A Clown !"

"Ok ..off you go then..."

and she did :0)


















"An Owl..."
"are you sure ?"
"Yes A Snowy Owl"

"erm...Ok we have card from a pizza box and 1 & 1/2 yards of felt half price from the store...off you go"

and she did :0)























I was very proud of them :0)

12 comments:

  1. I too am very proud of them ...they look fantastic absolutely fantastic !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are right to be proud of them - what a splendid effort they made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing girls! They look great and I bet they enjoyed their party even more because they had made their own costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what creative girls you have! THose costumes are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. why only one working arm? and didn't your ankle just recently recover? gee whiz, Val! Alaska is starting to sound like a dangerous place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too right you should be proud of them. They made fantastic costumes. Creativity runs in the family, then! Hope they enjoyed their evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maureen ..I think that is very true..it's lovely when you realise you made it ..isn't it :0)


    Jodi...making things is more fun isn't it :0)
    I'm just clumsy..when I fell back in March (learning to ski..lol)I shredded 2/3 of the tendons in my shoulder..only as I'd also partially dislocated my collar bone the clinic I went to missed this...oops (sorry that may be too much info) anyway I've now been thoroughly screwed back together and am halfway through 8 weeks of 'immobilize it in a sling'...and you're right the ski attempt was just 2 weeks after I got permission after the broken leg....
    "that'll learn me" I think my balance may be a bit off ? lol I'm trying for no disasters this Winter :0)

    Thanks Cheryl they had a Great time :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really impressed!
    And it makes me think that it would be good for all kids to have a one-armed mother (at least for a while).
    Margaretha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know Em ..perhaps I should stand back more :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing, wonderful girls!!
    Val, can you please email me ASAP! :<)

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)