Friday, November 18, 2011

Something different ..food for the eyes

It's a cold dark morning so time to look at a beautiful piece of art work


Two-handled Vase


William De Morgan (1839-1917)



See in all it's glory here

Information on William De Morgan here

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is beautiful. I love the colours. (I won't mention washing machines)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...that creased me up :0)

    At least the rest of the set made it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, Val. It would look superb on a certain shelf in my house but I suppose I would have to sell the house to buy it. One can but dream and look at photographs on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Maureen... but sometimes just looking for a while feeds the imagination :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That vase is remarkable! Quite a feast for the eyes. I love the glow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodi...There are so many beautiful things made, that I wonder what life would be like if we followed William Morris's advice ?

    "a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful."

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)