You know those moments that stick in your mind quite vividly ...the ones you'd rather they didn't ? Well hopefully you don't ..But I seem to be gathering quite a collection of them ..
Nothing major you understand just a trifle of social embarrassment darn it .
Well the other day during a quick visit to the local Super Market I just needed a couple of things and as is often my way, I thought I could do without a basket. Yes I should've known better.
Suffice it to say I was heading for the till's whilst juggling my purchases when one broke free and hit the deck. I was just bending one knee (think elegant graceful move ...you'd be wrong... but I'd love you to think it) and stooping down when I caught the eye of a smartly dressed Chap who had started to come to my rescue. Our eyes met with the question and reply glance of the "Are you OK?" "Yes fine! " variety. and I completed the item rescue ...pretty gracefully for me.Which would have been fine if only that's where I could have finished our encounter.
If only I hadn't had to stand up afterwards... yep there I was elegantly (don't laugh..well not too much) clutching my goodies, One knee on the ground with the suddenly developing and unfortunately rather well founded fear that I was flippin' stuck and nothing short of a crane or a hands and knees crawl to the nearest shelf unit was going to get me back up right again.
Very rude words and strong thoughts of the "why the heck hadn't I watched the yoga DVD that is sitting on my shelf at home" variety. The shame of it ...After a very long moment ... from some where miraculously the ability to stand with out aid appeared Yes !
and I elegantly strolled away ...just kidding I staggered and floundered and made it up right and shot out of there as quickly as humanly possible ... Oh dear my red face ...
Now after a Mug of tea and a few chores I'm off to find my Yoga DVD.
Nothing major you understand just a trifle of social embarrassment darn it .
Well the other day during a quick visit to the local Super Market I just needed a couple of things and as is often my way, I thought I could do without a basket. Yes I should've known better.
Suffice it to say I was heading for the till's whilst juggling my purchases when one broke free and hit the deck. I was just bending one knee (think elegant graceful move ...you'd be wrong... but I'd love you to think it) and stooping down when I caught the eye of a smartly dressed Chap who had started to come to my rescue. Our eyes met with the question and reply glance of the "Are you OK?" "Yes fine! " variety. and I completed the item rescue ...pretty gracefully for me.Which would have been fine if only that's where I could have finished our encounter.
If only I hadn't had to stand up afterwards... yep there I was elegantly (don't laugh..well not too much) clutching my goodies, One knee on the ground with the suddenly developing and unfortunately rather well founded fear that I was flippin' stuck and nothing short of a crane or a hands and knees crawl to the nearest shelf unit was going to get me back up right again.
Very rude words and strong thoughts of the "why the heck hadn't I watched the yoga DVD that is sitting on my shelf at home" variety. The shame of it ...After a very long moment ... from some where miraculously the ability to stand with out aid appeared Yes !
and I elegantly strolled away ...just kidding I staggered and floundered and made it up right and shot out of there as quickly as humanly possible ... Oh dear my red face ...
Now after a Mug of tea and a few chores I'm off to find my Yoga DVD.
Haha... oh dear... this is the sort of thing that happens to me. Only I really wouldn't have been able to get up unaided. :-D
ReplyDeleteit was a close one on the 'unaided' part Cath... but you have to laugh ..even if rather desperately and with a red face....
DeleteHa! Never, ever happens to me.....in my dreams. Silver lining. Just think your rescuer may have noted it down as one of his random acts of kindness for the day. You may have actually done him a favour.
ReplyDeleteI should've quickly put the brakes on and let him pick up the errant shopping! That'll teach me..(I wish) ..somehow I never learn lol
DeleteOh Val, i shouldn't laugh but I blame your writing, you paint a very vivid picture. I always have great intentions for yoga, pilates and exercise but the sofa and crafting always seem to win
ReplyDeleteI don't think I was born to be elegant and unruffled.. and I have decided that laughing at the ridiculous situations I find/or get myself into is essential for my sanity... and if it provides amusement then that's good as life is too short not to laugh a lot!
Deleteand erm I still haven't watched the DVD oops...
Deleteha ha, that made me laugh that the DVD is still not watched xxx
DeleteOh no, poor you! If it's any consolation, it happens to me all too frequently these days. And I do yoga!
ReplyDeleteNope don't believe it ..you waft off elegance ...and I still haven't got out the video ..there is no hope for me ...lol
Delete