It's been bucketing it down all Morning so I've been listening to the radio and doing chores....
Now I'd rather look back and enjoy the Summer ..so here are a few glimpses...
More information Chocolate Lily
More information Beach Pea
Well now I'm going to add more wood to the stove and listen to a radio play ... today it's this one
The Ghost and Mrs Muir
"A Saturday Night Theatre from 21st December 1974
The Ghost and Mrs Muir by R. A. DICK
dramatised for radio by BARRY CAMPBELL
with Bryan Pringle , Gemma Jones and Philip Bond
"Gull Cottage: a charming cottage to let at an exceptionally reasonable rent. Its only snag is that it's haunted, but the ghost seems to be remarkably cheerful for someone who is supposed to have killed himself - perhaps one could learn to live with such a ghost."
Producer JANE GRAHAM
Cast...
Lucy Muir: Gemma Jones
Anna: Emily Richard
Cyril: Peter Settelen
Eva: Eva Stuart
Mr Coombe: Stephen Thorne
Capt Daniel Gregg: Bryan Pringle
Martha: Diana Bishop
Miles Blane: Philip Bond
Mr Sproule: Sean Arnold
Celia: Madeleine Cemm
Bishop: Alan Dudley"
If the play is available on line I'll try and add a link to the wireless !
Now for a Large cup of tea :o)
Now I'd rather look back and enjoy the Summer ..so here are a few glimpses...
| In the Glacial lagoon. |
| Nature's art. |
| Supervisor. |
| Lilies grow close to the shore. |
| As do Beach peas ..which smell beautiful |
| Lily from another angle :o) |
The Ghost and Mrs Muir
"A Saturday Night Theatre from 21st December 1974
The Ghost and Mrs Muir by R. A. DICK
dramatised for radio by BARRY CAMPBELL
with Bryan Pringle , Gemma Jones and Philip Bond
"Gull Cottage: a charming cottage to let at an exceptionally reasonable rent. Its only snag is that it's haunted, but the ghost seems to be remarkably cheerful for someone who is supposed to have killed himself - perhaps one could learn to live with such a ghost."
Producer JANE GRAHAM
Cast...
Lucy Muir: Gemma Jones
Anna: Emily Richard
Cyril: Peter Settelen
Eva: Eva Stuart
Mr Coombe: Stephen Thorne
Capt Daniel Gregg: Bryan Pringle
Martha: Diana Bishop
Miles Blane: Philip Bond
Mr Sproule: Sean Arnold
Celia: Madeleine Cemm
Bishop: Alan Dudley"
If the play is available on line I'll try and add a link to the wireless !
Now for a Large cup of tea :o)
Beautiful. Nature always does it better when it comes to beauty. Fascinating to see the flowers. I'm sure I've listened to the play. Knowing me only catching fragments. Hope you are keeping warm. Too early for a fire for us.
ReplyDeleteNature does top the rest doesn't she. It's cold and damp here and still bucketing down ..I think this Winter may be a long wet and windy one with all the predictions of a strong El Nino... still I suppose you have to take what you get and make the best of it ..and there is tea and the radio :o)
DeleteI do love that movie. I've meant to ask if you have read any of Heather Lende's nonfiction books. She lives in Haines.
ReplyDeleteHi Nan, Heather Lende used to write a column in the local paper and it was always a good read.
ReplyDeleteI think I've read at least one of her books, she writes very well doesn't she. I've driven through Haines but not stopped..it looked very beautiful.