Books read in October
I chanced l upon the Anne Travis series by Lynda La Plante
They Rattle along and are very readable...a bit graphic at times (but less convincingly than Val Mcdermid's books). They read slightly more like scripts than novels and that may just be me..? but they are enjoyable escapes from the everyday and quite unputdownable
1. Above Suspicion
2. The Red Dahlia
4.Deadly Intent
6.Blind Fury
7.Bloodline
8.Backlash
There is something about nights drawing in and the ground freezing that makes curling up by the stove with a good book and a big mug of tea very satisfying....
I chanced l upon the Anne Travis series by Lynda La Plante
They Rattle along and are very readable...a bit graphic at times (but less convincingly than Val Mcdermid's books). They read slightly more like scripts than novels and that may just be me..? but they are enjoyable escapes from the everyday and quite unputdownable
1. Above Suspicion
2. The Red Dahlia
4.Deadly Intent
6.Blind Fury
7.Bloodline
8.Backlash
There is something about nights drawing in and the ground freezing that makes curling up by the stove with a good book and a big mug of tea very satisfying....

I've seen a few of her books as dramas on TV but not read any of her books. I perhaps ought to try one or two... and also Val McDermid.
ReplyDeleteThey are not especially well written, not bad but not brilliant literature but they rattle along and are very moreish (and vary in how graphic they are) so I'm off to read some more lol
ReplyDelete