Monday, September 19, 2011

Woo Hooo Puppy please



The largest and fluffiest of these pups should be coming home in three weeks time all being well... Yippee !!!!



(Oh but I better whisper as the cats don't know yet..unless they've been reading this over my shoulder)

Needless to say the excitement level in our home has gone up a few notches :0)



Now we just have to think of a name (or perhaps more accurately agree ...on a name :0) )


Mum




Dad

12 comments:

  1. They're adorable!
    And I hope the cats will think so too.
    Margaretha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I Margaretha! so do I :)

    I'm hoping that once the pup knows it's place,that all will be well...it just could take a little time and we'll have a puppy pen set up to help with introductions. The pups mum is used to cats and very good natured and the Dad is also used to cats and super mellow, so if we are patient and careful hopefully all will be well.
    Erasmus the cat loved our dogs so hopefully he'll love the puppy too (eventually)The other cats..we'll just have to wait and see

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, adorable! And I was thinking, when I first saw the photo, "What will the cats think?" Our dog (who passed) and the cats gave each other wide-birth. Although one day, I found pups and kitty sleeping on the ottoman, when they awoke at the same time, and gave each other an "what-the-what?" look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can picture that look Jodi :0)

    fingers crossed !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! They are adorable. Just one though! After seeing the photo of them arranged like a star, I think I'd have wanted more than one. Plus I would not be able to make up my mind which one to take home. They are adorable. I think that its easier to introduce dogs to a cat household rather than the other way round. I bet the girls are excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could happily have chosen two but domestic harmony has to be maintained ..lol

    Some were already spoken for and my oh likes larger fluffy dogs and there were just two larger fluffy ones so that made the choice much easier :0)
    They were all so friendly exploring and coming up to us to say hello..a lovely litter and the parents were so nice natured we are all most excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! The Boo and cats here have a love-hate relationship - Boo loves the cats, they hate him. He thinks it's all part of the game, though, all that spitting and taps on the nose with claws out. We found having a dog crate such a godsend in those early days and Boo still uses it in the car and at night. Oh, and in case you've forgotten (like we had), puppies widdle. A lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dog crate is coming out of the basement soon Liz and I ordered a puppy pen for the living room as a sanity saver... having an elderly dog for so long means we have no fitted carpets anymore but just some washable rugs..I'm hoping he'll house train quickly as he seems bright.. but may be a tad optimistic ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and I think the crate may be safe sleeping protection from 4 affronted cats

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am bilious with envy! Our two dogs and two cats get on fine. The little dog chases the cats in a good natured way but they all sleep together as well.
    I used a crate at night for a while, and a pen in the kitchen for quite a long time when we were going out. (As the puppy chewed like a demon)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the cats get along with the pup Dawn ..perhaps I should keep my toes crossed too..The puppy pen arrived in the mail last night (Amazon free shipping thank goodness)and the dog crate will come out of the basement soon :0)

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)