Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yarn Along 3

Joining Ginny of "Small things" Blog again on her Yarn Along

Books this week..two knitting books for inspiration from the library. "Green for Danger"..a cosy mystery for me to dip into if I get the chance (and I know it so well that it'll stand interruptions) "Marigold in Godmothers house" by Joyce L. Brisley for the girls bedtime read aloud. They are charging through The rather exciting "Warrior" series of Adventures of clans of cats by Erin Hunter (which is a pseudonym for several ladies who share the writing)So a nice fairytale is a good note to calm down on.





Knitting... I finished the first washcloth. Watching the children in the swimming pool helped the progress of that one. Then full of enthusiasm I started a smaller version ..with less focus and more interruptions the pattern became rather eccentric... but darn it it's finished and it's useful.
So I started a third ..it was meant to be cable ..but I went wrong and restarted so many times I thought I better try something simpler..so I thought seed stitch border and stocking stitch main...why it's ended up rib border you can probably guess...Oh dear well they say practice makes perfect.



I think I may need quite a lot of practice ....

4 comments:

  1. I've got the Scandinavian book. It is fascinating and I love flicking through it. I always feel I should be able to knit one of the patterns, but it is the only knitting book, in my collection, that I have never attempted. They are more like formulae than patterns, if that makes sense. Or maybe I've been looking too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl can I confess it's the pictures that inspire me...I may never knit any of them(or be able to knit any of them ..lol) but somehow the thought that they are there is pleasing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept my Mom in washrags for years! Everytime I saw a new pattern out came the cotton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those books, they look really interesting. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)