Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yarn Along 2

Joining Ginny of "Small things" Blog again on her Yarn Along



Reading to the girls from "Bunchy" by Joyce L Brisley. A collection of lovely stories all based on a little girl who lives with her Grandmother and who entertains herself with simple objects and a great imagination... by the Author of the Milly Molly Mandy stories these stories are glimpses of a simpler life.

My read is Craft hope an inspiring collection of ideas of things to make for others.

The knitting is a cotton wash cloth in a simple stocking stitch/purl stitch checkerboard pattern ...simple, pretty and not a strain for my brain :0).

5 comments:

  1. We're just running out of Milly Molly Mandy books. This might be a good series to go on to. It looks vaguely familiar, so maybe I've read them before. Just too long, long ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me that I have some sunshiny yellow cotton somewhere, I need to remember where...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl .."Bunchy" also "Marigold in Grandmothers house" have both been reprinted by Jane Nissan books "More Bunchy stories" we had to get second hand from Australia..I'd love to get her "Purl and Plain "stories but have only found 1 in a collection sofar...still looking :0)

    Jenletts...the yellow is cheerful isn't it ..I had a choice of yellow , blue or blue shade mix squirreled away and the yellow was just right for a dark Winter project :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always on the lookout for good books to send my granddaughter. She's a little young for this one, but I think I'll look for it and save it. Thanks, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jodi..Can I ask how old your Grand daughter is? ...I love gossiping about children's books :0)

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)