I'm not good at taking photos of a hot stove...
I tried this with no flash...it shows the heat...but it's not in focus..fiddle de dee..but you get the idea..as I type it's -7 out and 73 f in and it's just that stove... isn't she wonderful!
Toast and Marmalade and a mug of tea.
Oranges...there is something about their colour and scent in winter that makes them such a treat.
A Good dog..old but good
The children's art work
Kind people and a lovely family...you know who you are (although some of you don't read blogs.)
Oh and cats who help you knit....
perhaps if I just...
Is this quite right ?
need any help?
I love your stove and your cats!
ReplyDeletexo
Linda
That is a work horse of a stove. I bet you are glad of it.
ReplyDeleteAre you making marmalade with the oranges? Every year, a new report comes out saying that marmalade sales are on the decline in the UK. Only the over 65s like it. I wonder if they factor in all the homemade marmalade. I love it and so does my 3yo, especially on toast.
Keep warm.
Well, the photos were good enough to make me covet your stove and want to be invited over for tea. Oranges, big old dogs, and childrens' art...your home is a cheerful place. Your stripey cat is the twin of ours, named Wink. And your orange cat looks suspiciously like our Fen, who disappeared a few Christmases ago. It would be comforting to know she found a cozy home (after a six thousand mile walk, that is) :)
ReplyDeletemmmmm... Marmalade sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteA lovely homely post, thank you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda!:0)
ReplyDeleteWorkhorse is right Cheryl ..it's the only house heater we have and it's wonderful ..when we all crowd round it's called "stove worship"
I love Marmalade..I think you're right they don't factor in homemade at all and Marmalade is a very homemade kind of preserve. Here I buy it, as the oranges sold are all dessert not Seville but I could try :0)
Jodi you'd be welcome anytime just must tidy up a bit (ok a lot!!!) first ...lol
I wish he was your Fen...but hopefully she found a cosy home ..cats do appear out of nowhere into kind peoples homes so you never Know..My favourite Greygrey went missing during our journey here 9 yrs back I wish him safe too.
Jen ..I'm having a marmalade phase I think it's the cold weather ..lol
Thanks Rachel :0)