Friday, January 21, 2011

Ice Sculptures


We're lucky enough to have a display of ice sculptures again down town this year...
We haven't made it to see them yet (but the leg is nearly fixed so soon I hope)

So this photo is from the local paper the Anchorage Daily News and the link should take you to their photo gallery Click here

4 comments:

  1. love the poem from the gravestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley...I need coffee, I so need coffee ..I just went through all the ice pictures thinking I missed the gravestone one and then it finally dawned on me to look at the bottom of my own page...lol
    Gosh my brain is slow today!!!
    That poem is a Good reminder to keep life in proportion isn't it..
    and it's always made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it doesn't defrost before your leg mends. The sculptures are amazing.

    (Glad you said about the poem. I thought I missed it too!) :D

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)