Well the World is still wobbly and out of kilter...and I'm still discombobulated.
So some chores whilst listening to BBC Plays by Agatha Christie..
two Old favorites
The ABC Murders and also Murder on the Nile,..John Moffatt as Poirot.
The Ducks continue to lay well .....good ducks,
Everyone is working or studying at home here and the cats and dog don't seem to mind the company, in fact the Guinea pigs are getting quite demanding squeaking for treats like bandits,
At last breakup seems to be upon us and the temperature sometimes remains above freezing at night ..the steady drip drip of snow melting off the roof...varied by the tinkle and crash of falling icicles is the background default at present and although most of the roadways are clear our paths are snow or ice on snow or even more joyful water on ice on snow.... lots of gravel/sand thrown on this as visits to ER never a desired event would be even less so at present.
Well I need my energy and umph back ...it's hiding at the moment ..now there is a log in the stove and I have a hot drink in my hand so it's retreat to bed and a book...Kate Atkinson's "Case Histories" became available as a digital library book ...it's been on hold so long I had forgotten all about it and so it was a surprise hopefully a good one.
So some chores whilst listening to BBC Plays by Agatha Christie..
two Old favorites
The ABC Murders and also Murder on the Nile,..John Moffatt as Poirot.
The Ducks continue to lay well .....good ducks,
Everyone is working or studying at home here and the cats and dog don't seem to mind the company, in fact the Guinea pigs are getting quite demanding squeaking for treats like bandits,
At last breakup seems to be upon us and the temperature sometimes remains above freezing at night ..the steady drip drip of snow melting off the roof...varied by the tinkle and crash of falling icicles is the background default at present and although most of the roadways are clear our paths are snow or ice on snow or even more joyful water on ice on snow.... lots of gravel/sand thrown on this as visits to ER never a desired event would be even less so at present.
Well I need my energy and umph back ...it's hiding at the moment ..now there is a log in the stove and I have a hot drink in my hand so it's retreat to bed and a book...Kate Atkinson's "Case Histories" became available as a digital library book ...it's been on hold so long I had forgotten all about it and so it was a surprise hopefully a good one.


Been enjoying reruns of Poirot on the telly here. Think my umph absconded with yours.
ReplyDeleteI need to advertise in one of those lost and found social media sites...with a big red banner ..lost in zip code xxxxx Umph.. life isn't the same without it..unfortunately not micro chipped.... Many Thanks for the TV Poirot idea ...David Suchet added a very pleasing Dapper twinkle....
DeleteOh! I know what breakup is... from one of the Kate Shugak novels. :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd funny you should mention Death on the Nile, the Peter Ustinov movie was on TV the other day and I had to watch. Love that version, David Niven is so good in it.
See you'd be at home here! David Niven was good in that part wasn't he I've always had a soft spot for him and that film influenced the pictures in my head when listening to the radio version.
ReplyDelete