Saturday, November 25, 2017

Looking for a new author?

I have been playing with this site.....gosh is it easy to spend rather a lot of time without realizing it!

You just type in an author whose books you enjoy reading and it provides you with a map of authors who are also read by the readers of that author (I put that awkwardly hope it makes sense)

Here's a link to the site...   literature-map

and here is a snip of a sample of what I mean ...I typed in Dorothy L. Sayers and this was the result ..all authors are clickable and produce another web ..then you just look up authors that appear and check them out!


2 comments:

  1. I'm covering my eyes because that looks like a rabbit hole. I have a feeling I'd take far too long on the site and miss out on reading. Although, if you don't hear anything from me, you know where I am.

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)