Saturday, April 29, 2017

Walking on the Lake.

Probably our last walk on the Lake with out the risk of a dip .....which we wish to avoid!

The Mountain in the distance is  Bold it's 7,522 feet high
 It was warm in the Sun..so the collie would have a good roll every so often.
 The lake will fill over the Summer and all this side bank will be under water.


It was a beautiful Sunny day and we had a long walk  over the lake and along the Lake side trail and being rather unfit [and cough cough needing to lose a few pounds]  I am now ready to collapse in a big heap and do nothing.

The Cats ..being sensible stayed at home.





They think the dog is crackers.

6 comments:

  1. Fab pics. And look at all that snow you've still got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cath ..the snow is disappearing fast and pretty soon it'll start to green up!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous landscape and cute kits. Hope you've recovered. I find coffee and cake usually hit the spot after a long hike. Actually, also after a short stroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz...I think I may have been overdoing the cake munching.... help!

      Delete
  3. What a backdrop for a walk. So dramatic. Can't help smiling at your dog's reaction to the warm sun. Not the first thing I would think of doing. Bet the cats found a spot in the sun too. Just inside. I'm on a mission to walk a few pounds off before the summer. Here's to plenty more walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in my case many marathons may be needed ..I seem to have mislaid my willpower..oh dear!

      Delete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)