Thursday, April 2, 2015

WIP & Listening to....

Still working on the Three Hares wall hanging...when  it's a' Make it up as you go along' project it sometimes gets a rather unruly life of it's own ...this project is a bit of a roller coaster. Ranging from quite pleased with to oops what on earth? Still it's fun, and I like being able to pick it up and work some more stitches and see how they turn out...I'm still not sure of the final outcome.

Have started a little Spring cleaning ...this involves getting mucky and dusty and discovering dire spots in need of industrial efforts. Still I'm getting better at focusing on a defined (relatively small) area and having two bags and a box on hand (Throw away, give away, put away) and I'm actively pursuing the master escapologist Mouse (and hopefully not, but probably actually  his family too) that has decided he rather live inside than out (a broken  drier vent was the door to paradise ..well for a mouse) ...This mouse has decided that living in the warm with 4 retired Ancient Cats is fine ...they were wonderful mousers in their day but not now..darn it. I think the mouse could curl up in bed with them and they wouldn't care...still the youngest are 16 so I shouldn't complain (doesn't stop me).

Yesterday was the Seventh anniversary of nipping to the Doctors with the problem "erm I think I've found a lump" Never a good topic for the Doctors and going on April fool's day an added irony. Still I'm still here 7 years later and at my check up yesterday discussed feeling old with my oncologist who pointed out that being around to feel old was rather a good thing...he does have a point.

Oh and "Listening to" Agatha Christie's "Why Didn't they ask Evans?" and now "Hickory Dickory Dock"  Just the thing for Spring Cleaning.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 7 year anniversary! I've just celebrated 20 years which is amazing as I was given 2 years at the beginning. Medical science is moving so fast, isn't it? And we have both survived to see our children flourish. Keep well and happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen and Congratulations on 20 years Whoo Hooo!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. That is such very good news about your seven year anniversary, well done you. And well done on the spring cleaning. I'm thinking about starting. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz (actually my house still looks like the before photo ..:o) )

      Delete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)