Sunday, January 8, 2012

Snow anyone ?

Photo from ADN


We have spare...honest...

7 1/2 inches added last night and it's still gently snowing..if I can keep my camera battery from conking out in the cold I'll try and take some snaps as it's most beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. I feel almost envious! Only almost, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief. And we're having one of the mildest winters on record...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't envy you - not at all. We're having a very mild winter, which I'm very happy about. When living in an old drafty house every minus degree cost you a fortune. How do you heat your house? And clearing the paths from snow is nothing I'm very fond of!
    But it is pretty!!!
    Margaretha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Wise Rachel...lol

    For Some reason we're having an extra snowy one Cath...it's lovely powdery stuff though and fun to play in providing the temperature doesn't drop like a rock!

    I'm glad you're enjoying your Milder Winter Em ..we turned our heating system off years ago as it was ferociously expensive and Totally usless. The Stove heats the house all by it's self ..the cost of the fuel is the time and effort it takes to go get it, cut it up and cart it about. Very satisfying when it's done, though a bit exhausting!

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)