Friday, November 12, 2010

Playing in the snow



It's the aim of a lot of people here...we have about 3 inches on the ground and are hoping for more.
The skis have been retrieved from the basement and we have all tested them out...kids in the lead..husband in several places at once like a well trained collie and self last ...happily striding (very cautiously)away behind every one else.
I could post a photo of myself but darn it I didn't take one lol
So I'll just have to post a picture of how it used to done .




I strongly suspect she knew what she was doing!

Well now it's fingers crossed for snow and not rain...tonight's forecast/advisory


5 comments:

  1. Happy skiiing. No sign of anything here yet apart from a bit on the Scottish mountains.

    May I ask what that lovely painting is called and who it's by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, as ever, I envy your snow. I'd probably get bored of it after a week, but from this distance, 3 inches of snow sounds good.

    How long did the skier hold that pose, I wonder. The dog sitting down suggests that it wasn't a quick snap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've no idea how impossibly romantic that weather forecast is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cath
    It's an untitled painting of Mount Mckinley by Sydney M Laurence

    On display here
    http://www.anchoragemuseum.org/galleries/permanent_exhibits.aspx

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Laurence

    Linda, Cheryl and Colleen ...our wonderful snow has been rained on! the temperature rose a few degrees
    and the rain wasn't freezing and the new snow didn't arrive but now the temperature bis dropping like a rock... so now we have frozen icy snow remains..talk about slip sliding away...yuck

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)