Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rhubarb Muffins

I was experimenting and it worked..(this is not always the case...lol)

Rhubarb Muffins



Makes 12

dry
~~~~
1 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flour (I use a small teacup)
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 a cup of sugar

wet
~~~~
1 egg
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
some milk (probably about 1/2 a teacupful...enough to make a stiffish not sloppy batter )

I slim stick of rhubarb chopped into thin slices (mine ended up like cm cubes)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mix the wet with the dry
Stir in the rhubarb
spoon into paper cases

top each with a teaspoon of soft brown sugar (how much you put is according to taste)

Bake in a 400 degrees f oven for 20 mins (or until cooked)

Super yummy

17 comments:

  1. We had rhubarb crumble at school yesterday, very nice it was too! I bet the muffins are really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh ...that sounds nice..just the thing for a cold rainy day :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything left?
    I am ready to jump on over! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Merisi, I'll have to make a second batch :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not thought of putting rhubarb in muffins before. I like the idea. Our rhubarb died sometime this year, so we had no rhubarb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch no Rhubarb... it grows well from seed (you have to patient before picking it) and there are several interesting varieties..I think I used to get seed from "seeds by size" mail order Who can resist Strawberry Rhubarb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love rhubarb. I love cake. Why have I never put them together? Great recipe idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Erasmus...Mom and I just found you blog...
    what delicious looking muffins..wish we had one right now.
    FYI mom is an Alaskan nut...she and Dad visited for the first and hopefully not the last time in May 2005.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi and Welcome Madi (and Mom) I worked as a Camp Counselor in Brevard NC for a memorable summer twenty years( or so) ago. It was rather hot for me but a most beautiful place , brightly coloured birds, butterflies and ? lizards are fond memories :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The big catch Liz is that I'm the only one that eats both Rhubarb and cake....which doesn't do the fit of my jeans any favours lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! They look so moist and yummy inside. I'm going to bookmark this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the brown sugar somehow works with the rhubarb too Jodi :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always think I don't like rhubarb but when I try it (in something else of course like cake or pie) I find I do like it. I love muffins and these sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just have to remember to freeze them Danielle and not eat them all or my jeans will rebel...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look delicious. My jeans aren't being very helpful to me at the moment either!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's Autumn ..all sorts of yummy bread and cakes seem irresistible when it gets cool and crisp or worse cool and damp!

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)