What is it they say on those items from abroad that are not necessarily perfect.. . the imperfections are part of the handmade charm of this item ?
All I can say is I made a real howler of a mistake but am considering allowing it to remain and ensure my string bag is full of charm....
UPDATE
Completed the bag ...didn't get the handles to match for size....didn't master Kitchener stitch either...but completed the project and it's usable.
It's been aquire by younger daughter for teddy transportation :0)
No..you've got me...I can't see the mistake. You need to add a great big arrow to the picture for me to spot it.
ReplyDeleteYou've done lots. I love the way the yarn pattern is knitting up.
the first 4 inches or so are back to front..I think I purled two rows ??? by mistake and it turned the pattern over...only by the time I noticed I hadn't the heart to restart..lol
ReplyDeleteIt is a lovely pattern isn't it and I think...I'm speeding up
It makes it original!!
ReplyDeleteLeave it in...Mine has worked out very small, I'll be lucky to carry a couple of eggs in it..don't care!
Take care
I see what you mean about small Jude... I made a complete pigs ear of the top and handles ..well actually I was ok on one side and ok on the other but they were different sizes..oops! (also failed to graft the handle according to the pattern)still it's able to carry a teddy and has been appropriated by the teddies owner :0)
ReplyDelete