We have been living under a cloud of ice fog for several days now. The air is still and very cold.
Each day the covering of ice crystals grows thicker like minute trees of frost growing everywhere making even the most mundane objects seem quite magical. The World sparkles. Chain link fences look as if they've been coated in crystal..soon the fog will lift,or the temperature rise or a breeze begin and it will all disappear but yet at the moment it is quite beautiful.
It sounds very beautiful, Val. We rarely get frost or snow here in mild, wet Devon. I hope you are taking lots of photos to share with us.
ReplyDeleteWe used to get this in Moscow, the trees looked lovely and like something from a fairytale.
ReplyDeleteMonix..
ReplyDeleteI've tried to take some snaps, my photography suffers from me taking the pictures! also the amount of times I've dropped the camera (it doesn't like it)and it was very cold so I had to keep warming up the camera in my pocket to get it to work finally attempts to get better pics had to stop as my fingers were getting a bit cold! Hope these give an idea.
Rattling On.. Fairytale is exactly right! Magically beautiful or beautifully magical
Thanks for the lovely pictures, Val. Now I'm feeling guilty about those frozen fingers!
ReplyDeletedon't be! I've been wanting to take some photo's before it all disappears and it was just daft of me not to wear my liner gloves under my mittens! Obviously not awake enough this morning.
ReplyDelete