Friday, January 9, 2009

What's interesting in the news...

Just read an interesting and optimistic news article.... (nice change!)

It's in the Washington Post and it's all about affordable eye glasses

Affordable eyeglasses/spectacles for the poor the Brain child of an Oxford University Proffessor

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/08/AR2009010803492.html?hpid=artslot

another that caught my interest..
Exercise in schools team games and ......

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11/nyregion/long-island/11gymli.html

2 comments:

  1. I didn't read the article but I sure know that my new glasses were not cheap. Granted it had been five years, and granted I needed both new regular glasses and new sunglasses, and granted I needed a new prescription, and granted I do have the no-line bifocals, and granted they were pricey frames, but still! Its a lotta $$$.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article with great photos.............. keep it up..................

    ___________________
    Smarry
    No Credit Checks instant Payday Loans

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)