Monday, December 8, 2008

Advent


After being surprised to find Advent already here (Thanks Monix) I've remembered how much I enjoy the Advent calendar on the BBC web site, I've hopefully linked the title to take you there.
In all the rush and hustle of daily life it's very refreshing to focus on the essentials of life. The simple foundations, a moment of peace and reflection.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link to this lovely calendar. I have spent the last hour catching up on the days that I have missed - such a variety of readings and music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice isn't it, I love readings at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)