Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How did I arrive here?

Gosh that could be a broad life question...but I have a woolly brain ..so it's going to be a literal question "How did I arrive at this blog?"
I was sorting out cassettes and found a favourite recording, Judi Dench reading Larkrise to Candleford by Flora Thompson ...popped the first cassette into the player and that took care of a sink of washing up (a chore I dislike...out of the way) then whilst browsing on the computer and avoiding the temptations of ebay I googled Larkrise which lead me to a blog, which led me to another and another....lovely! Lot's of food for thought and in the case of "Letters from a Hill farm" real food in the form of yummy recipes ... the chocolate mud bars were a great success (Thank you!!! I'd add a thankyou comment by the recipe..but can't get that to work there yet)
So now I'm typing for a few moments, before I feed the daughters bundle them up and walk them to school. The Mountains are beautiful this morning, white on grey with a pink tinged sky edging the peaks.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a surprise to read my blog name and such nice words, too! I found you from the list of followers on my blogger dashboard. I dearly love both Judi D and the Thompson book. Together they must be great. I've had one person tell me she was having trouble leaving comments with the new blogger comment system. I'm thrilled you liked the mud bars!! I'm going to add your blog to my list. I haven't listed any blogs that I follow since I figure they are all there on the sidebar. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nan, How lovely to hear from you, you have a lovely blog. I saw Judi Dench on stage in a rattigan compliation long ago and now enjoy her performances via dvd and the radio. I have a lovely recording of Judi starring with her husband Michael Williams in a Ben Travers Farce "The Dippers" it's Great fun!

    ReplyDelete

from an old gravestone

If you hold your nose to the Grindstone
and you leave it there long enough,
Then soon you'll say
there's no such things
as brooks that babble
and birds that sing,
these three will all your world compose,
just you, the stone and your poor old nose.

(from memory so may not be word perfect)